Seeking a Human Resources Manager for a fast growing, awesome cultured, Government Contractor in Herndon, VA! Our client is seeking someone who wants to grow their career as the company grows too. Do you like visibility, making a difference, managing staff, being part of an inclusive team, having your voice and opinion heard, all the while being compensated fairly and having great benefits and bonuses? If this sounds like you, and you have experience in the Government Contracting realm, please apply today!
- 750+ person Government Contractor in Herndon
- This will manage 3-4 people(HR Administrators and Technicians-they do onboarding, employee engagement, workman’s comp, handbook and leave policies)
- Must know SCA and Compliance
- Reports into the COO-Great person. This role can become a Director in the future -promotion ability.
- Must have some Government Contracting experience
- 50% of job is working with Senior staff, strategizing on upcoming pipelines and onboarding and 50% of the job is managing the staff
- They are using Paycom and Unanet for software-not required to have this
- They have DOD-Army, DOS-Joint Ventures. And Civilian -HHS contracts
- Awesome work environment! Great leadership that cares about employees. This can be 100% remote but they’d prefer someone who lives 90 minutes out from office to be able to come in for all hands meetings and or trainings. Their most recent person was based in NC.
- 3 tiered comp plan-Base, Profit sharing, and Individual contribution plan. Bonuses are in the 5-20% range…this year they paid out around 20-25% as they had about 30-40% growth…Can expect a good bonus here.
- They do raises, 4% match on 401K, flexible on PTO, Tuition reimbursement, COLA adjustments and more.
- Interview process – 1 to 2 rounds Meeting with the COO and President.
Agency Division: Human Resources
Reports To: Director/COO
Supervisory Responsibilities: Admins, HR Generalists
Position Objective: The HR Manager will lead and coordinate the implementation of employee-related solutions and services for multiple sites across the company This individual will be responsible for the management of the day-to-day duties of the HR operations organization and may manage a small team of direct reports. A combination of solid leadership capability and a strong understanding of strategic and actionable HR solutions will be important attributes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a small team, providing daily tasking, managing performance and the employee lifecycle of direct reports. Provides leadership by fully implementing all principles of performance management within the team, including regular coaching, training and feedback sessions.
- Direct and oversee the creation and delivery of HR metrics and analytics to support executive leadership with quarterly and monthly business reviews. Ensuring that HR data is kept current, accurate and readily available will be a critical responsibility of this role. This will often require compiling and analyzing complex information, as well as researching and developing solutions in a timely manner.
- Oversee various aspects of human resources including but not limited to: onboarding, offboarding, security, employee programs (leave, recognition, education, etc.), employee relations, new hire orientation, background checks, community outreach, etc.
- Partner with broker to administer all benefit plans and ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. Work with broker to complete all required benefit reporting/tracking (i.e. Measurement/Stability Period, 1095/1094 Reports). Determines employee benefit practices by benchmarking best practices; researching industry and employment trends; tracking legislation and estimating impact. Explains employee benefits by conducting meetings; preparing written and graphic announcements and explanations; responding to requests. Provides management planning and control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing employee benefit data and trends.
- Conduct ongoing audits to ensure employees are up to date on benefit premiums (i.e. new hires who may have missed a deduction, SCA Negative Balances, etc.)
- Perform all required benefit testing (i.e. FSA Nondiscrimination Testing)
- Review census, approve QLEs, manage open enrollment process, maintain and terminate benefits for employees on FMLA/MIL, reconcile SCA benefits and leave credits, and respond to employee benefit inquiries. Manage Wellness Program
- Review and update policies to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations
- Create reporting mechanism to report the following areas: SCA account status, benefit invoices, etc.
- Update SOP and Working Instructions as necessary
- Provide other necessary support and serves as back up HRG in their absence
- Bachelor’s degree
- Five years of progressive experience in human resources
- Proactive leadership and project management guidance for HR initiatives and policies.
- Ability to take and provide feedback from both stakeholders and direct reports.
- Strong ability to manage and execute large, complex projects with a senior stakeholder population (from conception to implementation).
- Ability to look at things from a strategic lens and the ability to translate them to HR processes and positive business impact.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills to influence change and decision making.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the employee population; including executives.
- Detail oriented with both quantitative and qualitative outputs.
- Knowledge and understanding of state and federal regulations including but not limited to FMLA, FLSA, COBRA, ADA, HIPAA, OFCCP, etc.
- Advanced skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) Certification is preferred.
- Experience working in a government contracting environment is preferred.
- Experience with Service Contract Act and Wage Determination is preferred.
- Experience in working with Human Resource Information Systems.