New, exciting Senior Manager of Total Rewards opportunity in Washington, DC., with a well respected nonprofit supporting international education. This role has the option to be remote through the balance of 2021 and will be hybrid in 2022.
The Senior Manager, Total Rewards leads the administration of total rewards program (Benefits, Compliance and Compensation) that attract and retain great team members. The role ensures compliance with HR-related rules and regulations including controls and ongoing reviews of multiple related process like time and labor, retirement compliance, and management of compensation strategy. This senior level position serves as a thought leader in the relevant subject areas and collaborates with other functional units to deploy high quality, legally compliant HR programming. This position can be based in Washington, DC or New York, NY.
- Oversees Global Benefits and HR Compliance activities. Develops and implements vision for portfolio and implements strategies to deliver comprehensive, high quality services. Directs team to ensure service deliverables and team metrics are met.
- Manages the global compensation program; includes partnering with international office (IO) and US management and vendors as appropriate to attract, motivate, and retain high performing US and IO team members.
- Determines strategy and implements broad-based and executive compensation plans to align with in coordination with vendors and consultants to ensure market alignment, internal equity, and consistency with compensation philosophy and business priorities.
- Keeps abreast of the latest trends, ideas, regulations, and technology in relevant areas. Keeps leadership team informed about relevant changes and innovation in the marketplace.
- Establishes team metrics and standards and evaluates performance. Is responsible for coaching, mentoring, and developing career paths for direct reports.
- Develops, forecasts, and monitors the Total Reward team annual operating budget in conjunction with the Head of Human Resources.
- Evaluates current benefits and payroll providers/processes and provide recommendations and ongoing strategy
- Manage Global benefits programs including enrollment cycles and oversight of benefit brokers and vendors.
Education and Work Experience:
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in order to apply a working knowledge of the theories and principles in a specialized field or work discipline.
- Requires at least eight years of related work experience.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Experience managing large scale Human Resources initiatives, such as the development and the delivery of a competitive benefits portfolio.
- Experience managing direct reports.
- Knowledge of global benefits and compensation preferred.
- Experience administering retirement plans, managing vendors, and complying with OFCCP requirements.
- Demonstrated experience within multiple HR disciplines including but not limited to recruitment, compensation, employee relations, compliance, and performance management.
- Thorough knowledge of Federal and State employment laws and regulations, including ERISA, FMLA, and others.
- Demonstrated understanding of relevant international laws and regulations.
- Excellent consulting skills and communication.
- A choice of generous and comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Paid Time Off which increases with years of service
- Student Loan and Tuition Reimbursement programs
- Upon hire, you may contribute to a pre-tax or Roth post-tax 403(b) retirement account. After one year of service, contribution is 7.5% of your base salary to a separate retirement savings plan with immediate 100% vesting. The employer contribution increases over time.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health care, dependent care and commuter expenses
- Life Insurance and Disability coverage paid by organization
- Flexible Work and Telework programs
- Professional Development Reimbursement program
- A variety of wellness offerings to support team members
- Employee Referral Program
- The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) which provides support for personal and family problems common in contemporary life