Our client is a M&A focused, multi-entity Education company
headquartered in the Tysons Corner, VA area.
The company is currently in a hyper growth mode, acquiring other companies and building out their Accounting/Finance team to support the growth, as well as systems/process improvements.
They are seeking an Accounting Supervisor
with strong operational accounting experience and team management abilities. The individual will report to a sharp Accounting Manager, who has risen through the ranks at the company. This role is hybrid - one day in office, and four days remote
Salary around $90-95k
, depending on experience.
- Provide supervision and mentorship to a team of 3-5 staff, including monitoring workload and delegating duties
- Accounting lead for accounting of new acquisitions
- Analyze and record complex accounting transactions
- Coordinate monthly close process
- Prepare and review monthly financial statements to ensure accuracy and compliance
- Prepare and review reconciliations of general ledger accounts
- Identify opportunities for automation and lead implementation of automated processes
- Analyze and implement new accounting policies and procedures
- Work with external accounting firms to produce year-end tax forms and audited financial statements
- BS in Accounting/Finance or related field, CPA preferred
- 5+ years of accounting experience, preferably from larger organization or public accounting
- 1-2 years of team management experience
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and acquisition accounting
- Knowledge of and proficiency in a large ERP system