Our real estate client is growing at a rapid pace and is in need for a direct hire, multi-faceted, Accounting Manager. Supervising a staff of two you will oversee all financial reporting and day to day accounting, monitoring budgets, employee benefits oversight, managing corporate insurance, and implementing policies and procedures. The Accounting Manager will be the main point of contact with the outside CPA firm and ensure all tax filings are done on a timely basis.
Accounting Manager Responsibilities:
• Manage all data entry of general ledger, cash management, account reconciliation, payroll processing, preparation of taxes (payroll, State and federal), and processing of accounts receivable and payable.
• Tax Returns: Prepare financial data for both business and CEO’s personal accounts for our CPA firm to file tax returns.
• Financial Analysis: prepare reports financial reports such as tracking inventory, cashflow forecasting, job costing, etc.
• Conduct monthly reconciliations and audits to ensure accuracy and integrity of all financial data.
• Analyze financial data and produce financial forecasts and various financial reports for the CEO.
• Ensure all Real Estate Settlements are being processed and closed in a timely manner. Audit all HUD/ALTA statements for accuracy.
• Manage utilities to make sure they’re turned on and off promptly as we buy and sell homes.
• Manage Payroll and Bonus/Commission processing.
• Office Management: manage office lease & issues with office.
• Reviewing Contracts; functional Business Management – attentional to detail is key.
• Work with leasing consultants, negotiate terms, sit-in on contraction meetings.
• 10 years minimum experience in a corporate accounting/finance management position.
• BS in Accounting.
• Residential Real Estate/Construction experience a plus – not required.
• Experience with a higher-level accounting software package such as Timberline or Sage 100. Advanced Excel user.