Our client, a pioneering, diverse private equity firm in DC, is seeking an Assistant Controller to help Controller run all reporting and accounting for a 4-person group.
The Assistant Controller will be a key member of the business team reporting to the Controller assisting in the implementation of accounting, operations, and will be director of financial reporting procedures.
- The Assistant Controller will be responsible for preparing and reviewing all daily and monthly deliverables which will be reviewed by Controller and CFO.
- The candidate will have the opportunity to collaborate with the Controller, CFO, and non-investment team to build efficient, sustainable processes and a best-in-class infrastructure.
Position Qualifications & Preferences:
- Preparing Regulatory Filings and Financial Statements
- Reviewing daily cash and position reconciliations to counterparties
- Coordinating expense allocation and processing
- Overseeing monthly reconciliation to the 3rd party administrator at the portfolio and investor levels
- Executing pro-rata allocation for capital commitments.
- Executing capital calls
- Reviewing external reporting deliverables
- Updating existing and developing internal reports
- Analyzing and reviewing regulatory filings
- Coordinating audit and tax deliverables
- Preparing and reviewing the Fund budget
- Maintaining updated documentation of accounting, operations, and reporting procedures
- Assisting with investor due diligence and Board of Directors’ meetings
- Developing procedures to streamline data flow for recurring and non-recurring requests
Culture & Compensation:
- BS in Accounting
- CPA required
- Minimum 3 years (3-7 years) of Public Accounting within alternatives, or private equity funds.
- Experience working with and interface for accounting records at scale with either:
- Third Party Administrators
- Accounting Systems: running a system internally against a 3rd party administrators record
- Possess outstanding judgment, effective interpersonal skills and a desire to excel.
- Strong detail orientation.
- Superior planning and organizational skills
- High degree of integrity and professionalism.
- Self-motivated, pro-active, and self-confident.
- Diverse, supportive and bright staff who care about development and contributions
- A start-up.... run by grown-ups...... with plenty of capital and backing
- Entrepreneurial, inter-dependent, rewarding.......
- $140,000-$160,000 base + generous bonuses
- Very strong benefits, 401k, etc.
- Hybrid work model/schedule
- Metro-accessible, well-located and an exciting place to work!