Cordia is partnered with a leading provider of real-time geospatial intelligence who is seeking a Senior Software Developer
to build solutions to meet customer requirements.
As part of the Innovative Solutions Group, you will be instrumental in building customer pilots using the latest data feeds and geospatial analysis tools. The ideal candidate has extensive AWS
experience, strong data ETL
and data warehousing
skills; experience working alongside data scientists; and success working in an agile development
: Senior Software Developer
: Hybrid - Herndon, VA 20170
: Direct Hire
Target Start Date
- Develop cutting-edge software solutions utilizing our global sensor network, the Spectra AI platform, customer and third-party data/tools, and open-source data to deliver high-impact insights to our customers.
- Build and integrate software processes and tools that improve the velocity and effectiveness of the Innovative Solutions Group.
- Contribute to the engineering roadmap process by highlighting technical gaps and opportunities impacting the Innovative Solutions Group.
- Take part in the entire pilot and project lifecycle from developing requirements, to soliciting customer feedback, to solution deployment and management.
- Minimum of five years of hands-on experience as a software developer or software architect with at least two years focused on data science or analytics related workflows.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in one of the following fields: computer science, data science, mathematics, physics, statistics, or another computational field.
- Python3 proficiency and familiarity with scientific and data processing libraries such as NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, scikit-learn, and OpenCV.
- Experience with cloud-based software development and deployments particularly using Amazon Web Services.
- Hands on experience working with and managing processing of large datasets and computational or analytic jobs.
- Knowledge and experience with geospatial data, computer vision, and/or satellite imagery.
- Familiarity with data ETL and processing technologies such as Luigi, Apache Airflow, Dask, Apache Spark, EMR and/or AWS Kinesis.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance.