Incredible accounting leadership opportunity exists with our client - a large, dynamic, hyper-growth tech firm in the Washington, DC Region. We are seeking a big company Controller immediately.
Partnering with the CFO, the Corporate Controller will own and lead all accounting operations processes, and provide support to all financial operations strategy, risk and reporting. This leader will play a pivotal role with "people-process-technology" strategy for the group/company. He/she will keep the big picture in mind, but operate effectively with daily department tactics.
- Comfortably and confidently lead company close process including detailed analysis of all G/L and preparation of financial statements.
- Own reporting process (which includes board reporting packages).
- Run all accounting systems, process and efficiencies for team
- Motivate, mentor and manage a team of 20 staff - reporting, G/L, tax, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, revenue recognition, accounting policy etc.
- Serve as a strategic partner to all management, executives and stakeholders
- Respond to and be able to create scalable efficiencies that result in better accuracy and speed for company and team.
- BS in Accounting or Finance is required
- CPA is required
- 10+ years overall in accounting roles with progressive leadership responsibilities.
- Public Accounting experience/training preferred
- Must have run a 15-person team at minimum
- Large company ($300-400m+) experience is essential, given growth track
- Be a teacher of accounting to those who are not!
- Be comfortable and offer solutions to complex accounting systems and challenges
- Help lead compliance and operational solutions for group and company
- Identify gaps and recommend changes around people, processes, and systems.
- Focus on building and maintaining strategic relationships across departments and teams
- $215,000 - $240,000 starting base salary
- 20-25% target bonus