The Systems Support Specialist is responsible for the support of all information systems-related issues along with supporting projects to gather user requirements, design requirements, configurations, testing, and implementation of systems and applications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review and resolve ERP support ticket requests for staff.
- Analyze and diagnose ERP issues.
- Assist with Vista by Viewpoint administration.
- Assist with ERP projects, such as platform installations, upgrades, and migrations, data extracts for financial or audit purposes, integration with mobile and cloud technologies, etc.
- Assist with ensuring the integrity and security of information and access to support company reporting and internal control standards.
- Work with others to analyze ERP hardware and software malfunctions to assist in diagnosing the root cause of the issue.
- Work with others to document, update, and maintain ERP policies and procedures.
- Assist with basic training/support in use of various applications.
- Leverage change and release management process to ensure all platform updates and upgrades are thoroughly tested and signed-off before go-live.
- Partner with the ERP vendor regarding product roadmap, enhancement suggestions, and support cases.
- Become an SME (Subject Matter Expert) for an increasing number of modules and interfaces within ERP.
- Perform project-based responsibilities for systems-related projects.
- Test programs or databases, document errors. and recommend necessary changes to ERP systems.
- Other duties as directed by Business Information Manager.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & TRAINING
- Associates degree in related field with 1-2 years of full-time experience supporting ERP systems, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential duties of the position.
- Preferred – Bachelor’s degree in information systems, business, business analytics, accounting, finance, or equivalent education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Seeks to and is able to provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- 1-3+ years of relevant hands-on experience with ERP systems, including trouble-shooting (preferred – Vista by Viewpoint ERP).
- Strong communication, writing, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Able to understand business needs and anticipate business goals regarding the ERP system.
- Able to prioritize and manage several milestones and projects efficiently.
- Able to establish reasonable and attainable deadlines for resolution (effective time management skills).
- Extensive experience working with Office, heavy on Excel.
- Able to work responsibly with minimal supervision.
- Passionate about learning new technologies and improving existing products.
- General accounting knowledge is a plus.
- SQL experience is a plus.
- Preferred Technology Exposure: Vista by Viewpoint, Crystal Reports, Power BI, SSRS, SSIS, VBA, Microsoft Office365.