Awesome opportunity for a Payroll Accountant in Washington, DC. For this temporary hire/hybrid position you will perform administrative, accounting and clerical tasks related to the maintenance and processing of payroll transactions.
Payroll Accountant Responsibilities:
Payroll Accountant Qualifications:
- Provide direction and support to departments throughout the organization regarding payroll policies and procedures and implementation of new practices.
- Perform the routine and non-routine daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual processes (e.g., weekly payroll process, filing, ACH file transmission, etc.); ensure accuracy and integrity of payroll process and ensure proper internal controls are in place and operating effectively in all facets of payroll operations.
- Perform and/or assist in the preparation for the organization’s external reporting (e.g., periodic tax deposits, employee wage history reports, 1042s).
Benefits of Working with Cordia Resources
Cordia Resources is a leading recruiting and staffing firm in the Washington, DC area. We focus on building strong relationships with employers and job seekers, like you, because we care about opening new doors to career opportunities and helping our clients grow. Join our Consulting Team and benefit from our best-in-class ConsultantCare program, multiple project opportunities, health and retirement benefits, participation in company events, among others.
- Associate degree preferred, higher degree differentiating factor
- At least 2-4 years’ experience processing payroll; experience with complicated 1,000+ union/non-union payroll is differentiating factor
- Good written/oral communication and interpersonal skills; effective collaborator; significant proficiency in use of payroll module in general ledger application