Check out this amazing Accounting Assistant
opportunity to partner with one of the largest real-estate development companies in Rockville, MD!
On-Site Rockville, MD
In this role, you will primarily be assisting the Sr. VP for Design/Construction and VP and Managing Director/Development.
Accounting Assistant Responsibilities:
Accounting Assistant Requirements:
- Receive and review day-to-day invoices, subcontracts, change orders, purchase orders, check requests, and/or other related documentation for completeness and compliance with financial policies, procedures, budget, and contractual requirements.
- Accurate processing of accounts payable. Enter invoices, approved draws, purchase orders, etc.
- Update monthly analysis and prepares budget trend reports for construction projects.
- Maintain accurate construction records and reports (examples: photo logs, change orders, field reports, safety)
- Assist with month-end and quarterly closing activities.
- Assist with year-end closing activities and audit preparation for job cost certifications.
- Communicate project information to superintendents, subcontractors, vendors, and related construction professionals
- Perform a wide range of accounting and administrative duties to support the accounting department. Other duties may be assigned
- Associate's Degree (2 years) in Accounting or Business (minimum). Preferred: Bachelor's Degree (4 years) in Accounting or Business
- 3+ years of accounting experience. Experience in accounting for construction company preferred.
- Software: Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (at an advanced level) and Microsoft Word. Experience with Yardi, Sage Timberline, or other construction management preferred.