Check out this fantastic Grants Manager
opportunity to partner with a prominent and rapidly growing non-profit based in Washington, DC!
Hybrid - Washington, DC
The position also works closely with financial analysts and accountants. The candidate must be a self-starter who is diligent, proactive, and detailed oriented and is expected to contribute significantly to the Finance & Accounting Team and the grants and contracts management.
The Grants Accounting Specialist must possess a comprehensive understanding of revenue recognition, cost accounting methodologies, Federal contracts billing, funding allocation. The candidate must possess excellent communication, judgement, and organization skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Federal Budget Support
- Work with AR and analysts to reconcile unidentified revenues and deposits
- Prepare, submit, and record monthly and/or quarterly federal and private contract billings via accounting system (MS Dynamics SL) and CRM (Salesforce)
- Generate and reconcile aging reports by working with analysts and AR
- Assist with RegLogic and Concur review and approval of programs’ submitted records
- Under the direction and supervision of senior financial analyst, prepare preliminary proposal budget, input data into Federal required forms; research and pull data from various system under the direction of senior financial analyst, prepare preliminary financial reports for supervisor’s review, perform reclass of expenses.