Awesome opportunity for a Senior Accountan
t! Our client is an award winning, fast growing, 8A Government Contractor
with their headquarters in Arlington, VA
. This position is 100% REMOTE
for the foreseeable future, and reports into a fantastic Controller. The Senior Accountant position would have hybrid situation for in office and remote in the future. The company continues to do well, win contracts, and grow their team.
Senior Accountant Role Overview:
Our client is seeking a direct-hire Senior Accountant
with strong government contracting and Costpoint
experience. This person will be involved with Accounts Payable, oversight but not entering of Payroll processing for~150 employees, Budgeting, general ledger, financial reporting revenue recognition, and Project Financials and analysis. Compensation is base of $80K-100K + bonus
, depending on experience.
Senior Accountant Responsibilities:
Senior Accountant Qualifications:
- Responsible for day to day accounting functions related to AP and Payroll
- Perform complex financial/administrative reporting for major contracts and/or programs.
- Enter and review AP vouchers and process for payments
- Reconcile accrued salaries account on a monthly basis
- Research and troubleshoot any issues related to AP and Payroll as needed
- Assist Program Managers in the preparation and analysis of project financial and scheduling data and other complex contract (CPFF, FFP, FFPLOE, T&M, etc.), project or business related task
- Support preparation of weekly project cost/schedule baselines, management financial reports
- Provide backup function to generate and submit invoices and tracks status with high level of accuracy
- Interfaces with all functional levels of the program team to develop status schedule requirements
- Participate in managing cost and schedule performance through analysis of performance metrics and projections
- Report cost and schedule performance to senior management
- Work on the analysis of budgeting and costs on the contract and associated reports and spending plans
- Provide weekly and monthly transactional and pricing support to programs
- Monitor progress of program requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 7-9 years of related experience
- Experience in a government contracting environment working with Deltek Costpoint
- Experience with Microsoft products (especially Excel)
- Demonstrated experience working with big data sets and possess intermediate to advanced Excel skills (VLOOKUP, pivot tables, SUMIF, etc.).
- Lead projects at this level, requiring responsibility for the delegation of work and the review of others’ work product