Check out this amazing Staff Internal Auditor
opportunity to partner with a multinational commercial energy corporation on a temp-to-hire basis. Details Below - Apply Today!
Staff Internal Auditor
$30.00 - $35.00/hour
Hybrid - Bethesda, MD
Contract to Hire
Staff Internal Auditor Responsibilities:
- Perform financial, compliance and operations audits of assigned organizational and functional activities.
- Review activities in functional areas to determine the nature of operations and the adequacy of the system of control to achieve established objectives. Identify the key control points of the system.
- Assist in the scoping of audits, completing the corresponding risk assessment and preparing the audit programs.
- Perform the audit in a professional manner and in accordance with the approved audit program.
- Obtain, analyze and appraise evidentiary data as a basis for an informed, objective opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of the system and the efficiency of performance of the activities being reviewed.
- Identify control deficiencies, operational concerns, and potential fraud, waste and abuse issues.
- Work with the Director of Internal Audit to develop findings, recommending corrective actions, and suggesting improvements in operations and reductions in cost.
- Prepare formal planning memorandums for the scheduled audits
- Prepare formal written reports expressing opinions on the adequacy and effectiveness of the system and the efficiency with which activities are carried out.
- Appraise the adequacy of the corrective action taken to improve deficient conditions.
- Perform special reviews at the request of management.
- Complete annual Sarbanes-Oxley requirements including participating in annual walkthroughs and completing all controls testing
Staff Internal Auditor Qualifications:
Benefits of Working with Cordia Resources
- Degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a public accounting environment
- Detail oriented with strong documentation skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Word and Excel
- CPA (preferred but not required)
- Knowledge of SOX and/or internal controls
- Ability to manage multiple priorities/projects effectively
Cordia Resources is a leading recruiting and staffing firm in the Washington, DC area. We focus on building strong relationships with employers and job seekers, like you, because we care about opening new doors to career opportunities and helping our clients grow. Join our consulting team to benefit from our best-in-class Consultant Care program, multiple project opportunities, health and retirement benefits, participation in company events, among others.