Check out this opportunity for a Desktop Support Specialist
to partner with a nonprofit fighting world hunger!
Desktop Support Specialist
Hybrid - Washington, DC
In this role, you will primarily support the development, implementation, and use of technology throughout the organization. This position would work closely with the organization’s IT Director, Managed Service Provider (MSP), and other technology vendors and assist in developing and implementing policies and procedures to optimize technology initiatives across the organization.
A well-qualified candidate will possess the following:
- Responsible for Print Management services and audio-visual equipment
- Accountable for managing all IT Assets throughout their life cycle.
- Work closely with IT vendors to develop a robust IT support program.
- Work with external vendors to support analysis, troubleshooting, diagnostics, and repair of laptops and equipment promptly to minimize production downtime.
- Support SharePoint portal and documentation projects.
- Assisting with the IT onboarding process by providing new hires with the right equipment, access, and tools to be productive and effective.
- Support establishing IT best practices, technical support for employees, and responding to infrastructure alerts.
- Manage and provide monthly reporting metrics on infrastructure and applications.
- Work closely with other departments to support their systems’ needs.
- Review project plans to plan and coordinate ongoing initiatives.
- Provide users with technical support and troubleshoot IT issues.
- Stay abreast of advances in technology through training and conferences
- Consult with users, management, vendors, and technicians to assess computing and system requirements.
- Evaluate the organization's technology use and needs and recommend improvements, such as hardware and software upgrades.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A College degree is preferred but not required
- Minimum of 2-4 years of relevant IT experience
- Minimum two years experience with daily IT operations for non-profits
- In-depth experience with implementation and integration of various technologies and system administration.
- Working knowledge with Microsoft Platforms, both on-prem and cloud
- Working knowledge of Unified communication platforms
- Apple and PC literate
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Some knowledge of data analytics and reporting
- Experience purchasing equipment and asset management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to form strong internal and external relationships.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Working knowledge of Hybrid integration platforms spanning cloud and on-premises architectures.