Cordia is partnered with a non-profit leader in innovative healthcare who is seeking a Payroll Manager
to join their team on a contract basis - with the potential for contract to hire. Details below!
Hybrid - Silver Spring, MD
Contract / Contract-to-Hire
Prior experience using ADP and PeopleSoft is required!
- Oversee the daily workflow of the department
- Provide constructive and timely performance evaluations
- Implement, maintain, and review payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records and reports of payroll transactions.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices
- Facilitate audits by providing records and documentation to auditors.
- Identify and recommend updates to payroll processing software, systems, and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Benefits of Working with Cordia Resources
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field required.
- Three to five years of related experience required.
- Extensive knowledge of the payroll function including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Proficient with payroll software.
Cordia Resources is a leading recruiting and staffing firm in the Washington, DC area. We focus on building strong relationships with employers and job seekers, like you, because we care about opening new doors to career opportunities and helping our clients grow. Join our consulting team to benefit from our best-in-class Consultant Care program, multiple project opportunities, health and retirement benefits, participation in company events, among others.