Our client is a $2B a year satellite service provider looking to add a Senior Accountant to their growing Accounting team. This role will be responsible for all accounting aspects when it comes to the company's leases. Experience with ASC 842 is highly preferred for this role. This position will report to an awesome Director of Accounting and will be hybrid in office 3 days a week (T,W,TH). Salary for this position is between $85k-$110k depending on experience.
• Interpret and extract key information from lease contracts, monitor lease changes and additions, and enter lease abstract data into the lease software system in compliance with ASC 842.
• Support and/or lead the transition to a new lease software tool.
• Prepare accrual and other journal entries with supporting documentation in accordance with best practices.
• Conduct account analysis and research to interpret and ensure accuracy and understanding of account activity.
• Prepare various complex reconciliations, schedules and reports. Use accounting knowledge to provide correcting entries for reconciling items and work to minimize such items on a go-forward basis.
• Support consolidated and/or statutory audits by preparing deliverables and responding to audit inquiries and issues.
• Support Accounting Operations team by performing general activities in accordance with Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) standard.
• Create and/or maintain process documentation and procedures for assigned functions, ensuring compliance with audit and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) 404 standards.
• Provide cross-training and mentoring with peers.
• Provide support on special projects.
• Develop new ways to eliminate manual processes.
• Must be a collaborative teammate who is supportive of co-workers and contributes to problem solving.
• A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with a major in accounting or finance
• 4-5 years of demonstrated accounting experience and a minimum of 1 year of lease accounting experience
• Familiarity with U.S Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), SEC and other accounting and reporting standards
• Proficiency with computer applications, such as Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Excellent written and oral communication skills along with presentation skills required
• A self-starter with strong motivation, initiative and ability to work independently or collaboratively to meet deadlines