Well-established arts center is seeking a Senior Accountant
to join their growing team on a contract basis. Details Below!
In this role, you will primarily focus on the maintenance and reconciliation of credit card payments and payment gateways, transactional research, GL set-ups in Tessitura, as well as the weekly upload and reconciliation of Tessitura information into Lawson. You will also participate in the monthly close process via journal entries, reconciliations and account clean-ups as necessary.
Principal Functions of the Job
- Ensure accuracy and integrity in capturing financial data by performance of the routine and non-routine daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual processes. Ensure proper internal controls are in place and operating effectively in all facets of financial reporting operations.
- Compile, verify and audit credit card data from a variety of sources. Maintain and reconcile credit card accounts. Reconcile incoming payments for ticket receivables. Manage and troubleshoot the weekly uploads from Tessitura. Ensure deposits are timely and accurate as well as perform timely investigation and resolution of errors and omissions in general ledger.
- Informational Reporting duties: Assist and eventually oversee software installation and 1042-S processing. Assist and eventually oversee 1042 liability account reconciliation and the preparation of the 1042 and 1042-T. Assist and eventually oversee quarterly BEA reporting on international payments. Assist with the preparation of the CDP, and other data repackaging exercises. Assist with the preparation of the 990. Manage the lease reconciliation process and prepare the Lease Footnote for the Financial Statements. Assist in the preparation of lead sheets for annual audit.
- Work directly with the IT Department to create reporting solutions and assist in the testing of new software and procedural initiatives. Suggest and assist in the development of new procedures and implementation of new systems across the Center as they arise.
- Act as primary finance contact and accounting expert for the Central Box Office, Parking, Gift Shops and Education departments. Research credit card transactions for duplications, answer chargebacks and any patron questions sent via the Box Office and provide solutions.
- Other critical duties:
- Assist staff throughout the Center to know and better understand our financial policies and procedures. Participate in group training sessions as well as one-on-one instruction
- Act as back-up and provide periodic coverage for petty cash, check deposits, daily cash reporting and upload positive pay files
- Suggest improvements in processes to increase effectiveness and compliance as well as assist with any procedural changes as they arise; (d) Special Projects and other duties as assigned
- Maintain accurate process documentation
- Manage records retention process for the Accountant – General Purpose files.
Benefits of Working with Cordia Resources
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required.
- 3+ years of accounting experience.
- Working knowledge of GAAP.
- Strong financial analysis skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational and stress management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly with Excel.
- Ability to train and manage staff.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision.
Cordia Resources is a leading recruiting and staffing firm in the Washington, DC area. We focus on building strong relationships with employers and job seekers, like you, because we care about opening new doors to career opportunities and helping our clients grow. Join our consulting team to benefit from our best-in-class Consultant Care program, multiple project opportunities, health and retirement benefits, participation in company events, among others.