Network Engineer - Modeling and Simulation - Shaw AFB, SC
Employee Type: Regular
Percentage of Travel Required: Up to 25%
Type of Travel: Continental US
Immediate opportunity for a Modeling and Simulation Engineer to support the USAF Network Operations Security Center (NOSC). This position works at the customer on-site Tier 3 support location at Shaw Air Force Base in South Carolina. Sign-on bonus and relocation assistance for this critical position.
More About the Role
- Use modeling and simulation tools to develop network models from existing network architectures using network management data.
- Develop and run simulations to analyze the impact of technology integrations and changes in network architecture.
- Research and design wide area networks either as new networks or to modify existing networks.
- Recommend appropriate changes in response to tactical and strategic trend analysis derived from network and systems models.
- Support network troubleshooting and enhancement efforts by identifying sub-standard network or application configuration and behavior.
- Manage and configure advanced network management toolset to collect data.
- Develop, update, and review IT systems concept of operations and engineering plans.
- Provide oral and written briefs, presentations, and professional reports to Government senior leaders and decision makers.
- Travel to CONUS locations as required.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications
- Ability to obtain an Interim Secret clearance prior to start date.
- B.S. in related field, and 5 or more years’ relevant IT experience; OR 7 or more years’ relevant IT experience
- Relevant experience
- Unix/Linux and HBSS experience
- Must possess experience and demonstrate an understanding of Microsoft server installation, roles, active directory, storage, performance management, and maintenance.
- Must possess experience and demonstrate an understanding with installation of Microsoft Windows Server in Host and Compute Environments, and Windows Server 2012 using server images; Experience with implementation of storage solutions, window containers, high availability, Domain Name Systems (DNS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), network connectivity and remote access solutions, core and distributed network solutions, advance network infrastructure, and maintain and monitor server environments.
- DoD 8570 IAT II Baseline Certification (Security+ CE, CCNA-Sec or equivalent).
- Completion of additional certifications.
- ITIL Foundation within 60 days from start date
These Qualifications Would Be Nice to Have
- Experience working in DoD, Air Force, and local base environments