Cordia is partnered with a professional organization focused on education, government advocacy, community redevelopment, and public outreach is seeking a Controller to join their team on a contract to hire basis. This is a fantastic opportunity for an accounting professional with high energy, coaching and mentorship qualities, and the ability to boost morale and create a true positive team environment to lead a strong and tenured team. Details below!
Hourly Rate: Market
Job Type: Contract to Hire
Prior experience using industry standard accounting software as well as Salesforce and Bill.com is highly preferred
- Oversee system implementation and maximize efficiencies within the new system.
- Manage Year-end close out and Audit
- Manage monthly close, financial reporting, tax compliance (990) and membership accounting, banking relationships, and insurance
- Streamline processes, evaluate, and update policies and procedures/ SOPs
- Co-lead the process of bringing annual conference in-house for the first time.
Benefits of Working with Cordia Resources
- Considerable knowledge and skill in for profit and non-profit budget development and financial analysis, including project-based budgeting and monitoring and organizational auditing.
- Knowledge of GAAP, FASB issues and IRC regulations.
- Experience with evaluating risk management insurance programs and obtaining appropriate cost-effective coverage.
- Experience in managing banking and other relationships.
- Strong skills in written and oral communication and active listening.
- Considerable skill in the use of automated accounting systems and various Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word.
- Considerable skill in organizational and departmental financial analysis.
- Considerable skill in leading and managing an efficient and effective finance and accounting team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or Management with minimum fifteen years of responsible budgeting and financial analysis experience.
- Experience in 501(c)(6) and 501(c)(3) organizations is strongly preferred.
- CPA required.
- Graduate degree preferred, but not required.
Cordia Resources is a leading recruiting and staffing firm in the Washington, DC area. We focus on building strong relationships with employers and job seekers, like you, because we care about opening new doors to career opportunities and helping our clients grow. Join our consulting team to benefit from our best-in-class Consultant Care program, multiple project opportunities, health and retirement benefits, participation in company events, among others.