Our client is a publically traded technology company headquartered in the DC Metro area. They are seeking to add a Senior Revenue Recognition Accountant to their dynamic and growing team.
The Senior Accountant, Revenue Recognition, will participate in all aspects of the revenue accounting function to review and approve customer contracts for proper revenue recognition. This newly created position will report to an exceptional Manager and will be in the office on hybrid model, with in office work, 2-3 times a week.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Review fully executed customer contracts to conclude on appropriate accounting treatment and identify any issues to ensure that all software and services revenues are accounted for in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (ASC 606).
• Review and approve revenue allocation and revenue plans in the accounting system to ensure accurate revenue recognition treatment in the general ledger and support the monthly closing process.
• Review drafts of customer contracts and provide revenue accounting guidance to Legal and Sales personnel on an as-needed basis.
• Prepare supporting revenue accounting documentation, including revenue accounting checklists, position papers and revenue allocation spreadsheets for booked orders.
• Assist manager with technical research on complex revenue accounting issues.
• Assist with Fair Value (SSP) analyses of historical sales transactions.
• Support annual audit and quarterly reviews by providing external auditors with requested documentation for revenue transactions being tested.
• Assist with preparation of SEC filings as needed.
• 2-3 years of software revenue accounting experience preferred.
• Public accounting experience, big 4 or other top firm preferred.
• Strong collaboration and communication skills required for regular and frequent interaction with sales and legal personnel, senior management, and outside auditors.
• Strong organizational and analytical skills.
• Ability to grow and take on more responsibilities as required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and CPA tracked applicants preferred.
For an excellent work/life balance in a dynamic setting with excellent perks and employee benefits please send your resume for immediate consideration: email@example.com#acc16051814