Our client is a $100m solar energy company seeking a motivated Senior Accountant to join their growing team. This position will report to and work closely with the Director of Accounting. They are on a hybrid schedule, two (2) days in their DC office.
The Senior Accountant, Structured Funds, will be responsible for:
- Preparing journal entries and updating workbooks and schedules for period-end close for several tax equity funds and subsidiaries within our development business.
- Producing a full set of stand-alone and consolidated financial statements for several funds.
- Producing ad-hoc reports per the request of the Asset Management and Development teams on an ongoing basis.
- Booking cash transactions, both routine and complex, related to the acquisition, financing, and operations of the funds and projects.
- Assisting in the accounting and reporting research to analyze significant and/or complex non-recurring transactions.
- Completing account reconciliations, financial statements, and other analyses on a periodic basis to support our monthly close, consolidation and external reporting requirements.
- Working closely with the Asset Management and Development teams to reconcile project budgets to actual spend.
- Innovating to create process efficiencies and optimize our use of available systems and technologies.
- Assisting with development, refinement, implementation, and documentation of accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls related to the corporate accounting, reporting, and tax function.
- Supporting the team in accounting research, writing technical memos, and documenting policies and procedures.
- Support and/or lead periodic special projects.
- You will also have the chance to work in other areas that your or we identify as important for building the team and our business.
- Accounting or Finance degree
- Public Accounting (preferred)
- Technical Accounting (ASC 606, ASC 842)
Please send your resume for immediate consideration: firstname.lastname@example.org