Cordia Resources has partnered with a growing IT government contractor in search of a Senior Accountant. The ideal candidate will have strong accounting experience in the government contracts sector, supporting full-cycle accounting and applying strong knowledge of government regulations and reporting requirements to their work. Comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401k with company match, and unlimited paid time off (PTO).
The Senior Accountant Will:
• Support the full-cycle general ledger accounting process of a large and growing federal contractor, maintaining compliance with GAAP and DCAA guidelines
• Maintain knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and support accounting of multiple contract types including Cost Reimbursable, Fixed Price, Labor Hour, etc.
• Establish and maintain proper documentation for all government contracts
• Complete month-end close activities (including preparation of journal entries), and prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations (including bank statements, AR, prepaids, AP, Accrued liabilities and intercompany general ledger accounts)
• Support the year-end audit process and provide audit support as needed
• Prepare and file required reports and forms with government agencies in a timely and accurate manner
• Monitor changes in government regulations and advise management of potential impacts on the organization
• Perform basic administration duties for Deltek Costpoint as needed
• Special projects and other duties as assigned
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field required; active CPA license preferred
• 5+ years of experience in government contracts accounting, ideally within a mid-size/large organization
• Experience using Deltek Costpoint, with Costpoint 8 experience preferred • Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
• Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR); knowledge of Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) a plus
• Able to read, understand, and interpret federal government contracts, with experience in a DoD contracting environment a plus
• Organized and detail-driven, with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed
Cordia provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.