We are seeking a Cloud Data Architect to join their growing team. The qualified applicant will lead the implementation of Cloud solutions, emerging technologies, and innovation initiatives for a federal agency in the Washington DC area. Hybrid work structure available.
- Lead initiatives that span strategy and road map exercises, architecture definition, product selection, application and integration design, and implementation
- Provide advisory and leadership on the provision of analytics environments.
- Leverage Cloud-based platforms, big data technologies, Artificial Intelligence, and Machine Learning techniques, including integration with existing data and analytics platforms and tools.
- Design and implement scalable data architectures leveraging AWS and emerging technologies, covering on-premise and cloud-based deployment patterns.
- Define, design, and implement data access patterns for multiple analytical and operational workloads, across on-premise and Cloud-based platforms.
- Create information solutions covering data security, data security, data privacy, data governance, metadata management, multi-tenancy, and mixed workload management across various platforms, spanning on-premise and Cloud Strategies, aligned with the customer's business objectives and with a focus on Cloud migrations ensuring global to local regulations, security, risk, and compliance.
- Advise the Enterprise Architect Team on highly technical issues within a broad-based area of expertise, including the potential effects of emerging information technologies and trends on current and future IT initiatives.
- Provide leadership on the reporting, analysis, technology, and governance recommendations to accelerate the integration of emerging technologies across enterprise.
Experience and Qualifications:
- 10+ years of experience in Data Analytics, Cloud, and Data Science initiatives
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Data Science, or related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge and enterprise related to Emerging Technologies, such as but not limited to Enterprise Cloud initiatives and migration, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Robotic Process Automation implementation.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, build relationships and work effectively with internal and external partners. Demonstrated strong collaboration, negotiation, and influencing skills in a highly matrixed organization.
- Ability to define and effectively articulate solutions (verbally and in writing) and discuss business problems with customers positively influencing outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience defining and articulating enterprise architecture, data management, strategic vision and translating it into implementable steps for emerging technology operationalization.
- Possess strong hands-on development experience and deep technical expertise in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Advanced Analytics platforms, Digital Platforms, IoT, Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality, and Blockchain platforms.
- Will be proficient in understanding and leveraging public Cloud platforms and services to develop applications at scale, including AWS and Azure.
- Familiar and working knowledge of designing AWS-based frameworks for ETL, data organization, storage, and visualizations.
- Proficient and hands-on experience in AWS services like IAM, EC2, CloudFormation, VPC, AWS Glue, and S3.
- Experience working with databases like RDS Oracle, Postgres, NoSQL, Elasticsearch, and AWS Redshift.
- Proficient in Python, Spark, bash, ksh, SQL
- Working experience with version control platforms e.g. Git.
- AWS and/or Data Science Certifications