Our Client, a leading government contractor based in Northern, VA is seeking a Payroll Accountant to add to their team.
- Coordinate with Project Accountants on the validity of charge numbers, labor moves, reclassifications and corrections
- Prepare and distribute weekly management labor reports
- Processing of garnishments
- File and maintain employee data files, labor/payroll related documents and records in an orderly manner
- Conduct and understand a full-cycle of payroll using the appropriate applications
- Verify weekly time-sheets for accuracy with emphasis on pay types, hours and project/account charge combinations
- Research payroll related issues and work closely with HR and other company divisions/departments
- The Payroll Accountant will be responsible for ensuring that all payroll documents are received and entered on time, accurately, and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- The Payroll Accountant inputs data from the accounting journals and company documents to organize and compute in the accounting software system.
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality and time sensitive information
- 5+ years of accounting/payroll experience
- Must be detail-oriented, highly analytical, well-organized and a multi-tasked problem solver
- Effective oral and written communications skills