Staff Accountant ($55K-$70K salary)
Our client is a $60M, Nonprofit Public Policy Think Tank that develops innovative reform ideas designed to solve some of America’s greatest challenges. Our client has strong reserves and net assets, excellent management/executive team, and a highly influential/reputable Board.
They are seeking a Staff Accountant to join their sharp accounting team and will report directly to the Controller. Main responsibilities will include AP, GL work, financial reporting and budgeting. Compensation will be $55K-$70K and team is currently on a hybrid work schedule. Stellar benefits include: after two years, company contributes 12% of salary to pension, vested immediately, regular salary increases, personal chef that makes breakfast and lunches for the teams and excellent HSA program, $2,000 contribution by company.
- Manage the accounts payable process and issue timely payments to AEI staff, contractors, and outside vendors.
- Serve as the point of contact for all payment-related inquires both internally and externally.
- Manage and administer the Institute’s corporate credit card program.
- Review and process all staff expense reimbursement reports and enforce the Institute’s accounting policy for all staff.
- Record accounting transactions in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Perform monthly/quarterly account reconciliations and analysis to facilitate periodic closing of the financial books.
- Prepare and record routine and monthly journal entries as needed. Prepare full supporting documentation for review by the Controller, ensuring proper coding, accounting treatment and approval.
- Prepare annual audit schedules, provide supporting documents, and conduct thorough research to fulfill auditors’ inquires.
- Actively participate in accounting process improvement and internal controls reinforcement.
- Assist in the analysis related to the budget, forecasts, and financial statements.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting or business administration.
- Hands-on experience in AP management preferred.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and communication skills with prior customer service experience.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced working environment with strict deadlines.
- Prior experience in Concur and/or Intacct accounting system is a plus.
For immediate consideration, kindly email your MS Word version of your resume to **email@example.com**