Are you a seasoned financial leader with a passion for making a positive impact on the world? Are you ready to take on a critical role that can drive the financial health and sustainability of a non-profit organization during a transitional period? If so, we invite you to consider joining our team as an Interim Non-Profit Chief Financial Officer
on a contract basis with the potential for contract-to-hire. Details below!
Interim Non-Profit CFO
Hybrid - Northern, VA
Contract (3 months)
The CFO is responsible for directing the fiscal functions of the International Corporation in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board, other regulatory and advisory organizations and in accordance with financial management techniques and practices appropriate as a grantee of the federal government. The CFO is responsible for corporate functions, financial reporting, budgeting, and accounting.
SPECIFIC DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties and responsibilities noted below are considered to be the essential functions of the job.
- Plans, develops, organizes, implements, directs and evaluates the organization's fiscal function and performance worldwide.
- Provides timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends to executive leadership.
- Enhances, develop, implement and enforce corporate financial policies and procedures.
- Develops and maintain automated systems that will improve the overall operational effectiveness of the corporation.
- Continually improves the budgeting process, including through education of department managers on financial issues impacting their budgets.
- Optimizes the handling of international and domestic financial management operations, including banking and deposit relationships.
- Develops a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism which includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs overseas.
- Produces auditable financial statements and act as the corporation’s primary contact with all external auditors and financial institutions.
- Ensures corporate compliance with all applicable federal, state, local, and international laws and requirements affecting financial operations.