Fantastic growing Professional Services firm in Washington DC (MUST BE DC METRO BASED candidate) seeking a Controller as a direct hire with 50% remote if they desire! As the Controller you will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day accounting operations of the organization and ensure the accuracy of data and the effectiveness and efficiency of accounting and financial controls. Company has a great Senior Leadership team, exciting projects current and on near horizon, strong benefits and flexibility, and allows high visibility to the C-Suite. If this sounds like the job for you, apply today!
The Controller will plan and direct the accounting operations of the company.
- The core business of this firm is to do compliance and due diligence for their clients who are thinking of bringing on new clients/vendors. They do investigative work for multinational organizations, private equity, financial institutions, law firms, individuals, and government entities
- This is a Partner driven business so they need an experienced Controller. Professional Services would be nice to have but not required.
- Hybrid schedule for them.
- Controller reports to the President.
- Manages 4 staff-Staff Accountant, A/R, A/P accountant, and jack of all trades Office Manager-Payroll/401K /HR type who has been there long time with great institutional knowledge
- Controller must have strong accounting background, strong general ledger ownership, and strong close background, understanding some treasury and FP&A.
- They developed a SaaS product which is exciting for them
- Strong benefits here-great health and good 401K match.
- Oversees the operations of the Accounting Department, which include accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, and payroll.
- Oversees training programs and identifies training needs.
- Manage staff of 4 employees.
- Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; implements a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk.
- Oversees the production of periodic financial reports; ensures that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
- Recommends benchmarks that will be used to measure the company’s performance.
- Produces the annual budget and forecasts; reports significant budget differences to management.
- Provides financial analysis, with emphasis on capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Works with external auditors and provides needed information for the annual audit.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in Deltek Vision accounting software or similar. Open to other major ERP systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration required.
- Ten years or more of related experience required.
- Certified Public Accountant designation preferred but not necessary.