Do you have a keen eye for detail and a passion for dissecting financial data to drive strategic decision-making? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our client's team as a Financial Analyst
. Our client is seeking a talented individual who can bring their analytical prowess to the forefront of their financial operation.
Title: Financial Analyst
The Financial Analyst assists in developing, managing, and achieving the firm’s financial goals. The position interacts with administrative and firm-wide management to assist in preparing annual plans and to provide reports and analysis of monthly financial results.
Location: Hybrid - Washington, DC
Hourly Rate: $30.00 - $38.00/hour
Job Type: Contract (6 months)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Analyzes monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to ensure financial information has been recorded accurately and directs appropriate action steps if errors are uncovered.
- Manages triaging of necessary information for all month end reporting functions.
- Assists in monthly variance process and updates to rolling twelve month forecast.
- Manages sub-processes, specifically practice group and committee spending, as part of the firm annual budget preparation at designated departmental and office levels.
- Participates in compilation and analysis of financial information for all offices as well as competitive benchmarking within the law firm industry leveraging the analyst’s current market knowledge base.
- Develops integrated revenue and expense analyses, reports, annual projections and develops presentations to aid in strategic decision making.
- Prepares monthly financial review summary reports for senior management providing recommendations for areas of performance improvement.
- Assists in responding to quarterly and yearly external surveys.
- Performs ad hoc analysis and reporting, as needed.
The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or other Business-related field.
The position requires a minimum of two (2) years of directly related experience during which knowledge, skills and abilities relevant to the position were attained.
- Demonstrated knowledge of MS suite of products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access. Knowledge of IBM Cognos TM1, Big Square or SQL is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing with attorneys and staff.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and maintain a productive and committed work effort, meeting deadlines and managing workload.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work in a dynamic and complex environment to meet deadlines and daily requirements.
- Flexibility to work overtime hours on occasion due to project time sensitivity.