Cordia is partnered with a large hospitality firm who is seeking a Project Administrator
to join their team on a contract basis. Details below!
Hybrid - Rockville, MD
Contract (4 months)
The Project Administrator is responsible for supporting the Design & Construction Project Directors and Field Controllers in financial, legal, and accounting aspects. This position is instrumental in producing and maintaining accurate reports and correspondence for the department’s project costing system comprising of currently funded projects and numerous pipeline projects. The position requires the ability to analyze project costs to budget relationships and possible cause of variance. Additionally, is responsible for recording and tracking pipeline projects and performing all other responsibilities as directed by the business or as assigned by management.
Reporting relationships and other important information:
- Supports the department’s Project Directors and Field Controllers
- Oversees Contract information such as assigning contract numbers, monitors contract and change order execution, creates and maintains files
- Compiles, analyzes, and prepares reports for review
- Reconciles invoices for accuracy, contract adherence and secures approval
- Administers project closeout processes including reconciling budgets, estimates and actual costs; secures approvals; accounting closeout
- Tracks project costs, documentations, and activities to ensure compliance and successful completion date
- Reviews proposals and drafts contracts based on proposals
- Examines contracts and resolves risks pertaining to contractual obligations
- Analyzes budget information and makes recommendations for reallocation and reclassification of costs
- Conducts internal control review for efficiency and effectiveness in detecting and preventing fraud, waste, abuse and misappropriation of funds
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment:
- The Project Administrator position as described falls under the Fair Labor Standards Act as an exempt position.
- The position reports to the Manager, Project Administration.
- Requires design and construction acumen typically gained through a Bachelor’s degree in related field and 1-3 years of related professional experience
- Requires strong computer skills including Excel; PeopleSoft and FTP Project Management skills are a plus
- Requires the ability to deal effectively with departmental personnel, vendors, contractors and other corporate departments and to work independently and efficiently
- Requires strong oral, written, and interpersonal skills