Our client is seeking talented and innovative individuals who are eager to contribute to the growth of a unique venture in our markets. While the ideal candidate excels at working independently, they are also collaborative team players who actively contribute to team efforts, ensuring both client and team satisfaction. As a Northramp Manager, you will be recognized as an expert in your field and will have the capacity to lead specific initiatives within the team with minimal guidance.
We are currently seeking a Security Engineer who will be responsible for:
- Developing, deploying, or administering Splunk.
- Developing, deploying, or administering virtual infrastructure, packet capture and NetFlow systems, cloud access security broker (CASB), and similar security tools.
- Developing, deploying, or administering firewalls such as Palo Alto or Checkpoint.
- Developing, deploying, or administering identity management or multifactor systems such as Centrify, Okta, or RSA Security Identity.
- Creating alerts that trigger based on configured settings to deploy or send notifications, emails, or attachments to specific destination emails or groups.
- Regularly reviewing elevated events from Web Application Firewall (WAF) from other engineering tiers.
- Validating security rules (alerts) that detect anomalous activities or threats.
- Resolving issues related to security tools, infrastructure, or systems.
- Conducting advanced work in virtual server architecture, focusing on functionality, integrity, and efficiency.
- Managing virtual server resources, including performance, capacity, availability, serviceability, and recoverability.
- Monitoring and maintaining server configurations.
- Applying cybersecurity principles to ensure secure system design throughout the system development lifecycle, covering both cloud and non-cloud environments.
NOTE: On-site presence is required 2 days per week in Washington DC and/or Manassas, VA
- Eight (8) years of experience in Information Technology, Cybersecurity, or a related field.
- Six (6) or more years of hands-on experience with security monitoring tools such as IDS/IPS, Firewalls, NACs, Identity Management systems, and protocols like NetFlow (Snort, Bro, Palo Alto, Checkpoint, Cisco ISE, FireEye, Gigamon), and Web Application Firewalls.
- Six (6) or more years of IT security experience.
- Experience with both the Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Experience working with cloud services such as AWS, Azure, and O365, as well as cloud access security brokers.
- Proficiency in network monitoring tools with a strong understanding of network protocols.
- Ability to perform security analysis, develop security policies, standards, and guidelines.
- Quick problem-solving abilities for complex security challenges impacting a customer’s business.
- Demonstrates enduring curiosity and a commitment to continuous learning and problem-solving.
- Has a passion for tackling challenges and mastering new skills.
- Driven to excel in consulting, IT, cybersecurity, and industry best practices.
- Strong attention to detail to assess system security controls effectively.
- Demonstrates high integrity in everyday job duties.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance is required. Applicants selected will undergo a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to sensitive information.