Our client is seeking a Senior Accountant
to join their Tysons Corner, VA based team. This is a full-time, hybrid, permanent opportunity with yearly compensation in the range of $80,000 -$95,000. The selected candidates will be responsible for the day-to-day and month-end accounting duties: All GL related activities, revenue, and accrual accounting. This is a wonderful opportunity for a hardworking, meticulous accounting professional who is looking to work for a growing company with a great work/life balance.
$80,000 - $95,000
Full-time, Permanent role
Strong working knowledge of MS Excel (pivots, VLOOKUP's, nested formulas, etc.); ERP/General Ledger system (Oracle/PeopleSoft financials is a plus)
Tysons Corner, VA /Remote. Candidates should be able to come into the office 1-2 times per week
First round - video interview, Second Round - video interview
Hardworking, meticulous accounting professional who is looking to work for a growing company with a great work/life balance
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
Certificates, Licenses And Registrations
• CPA or CPA candidate is a plus
• 3-8 years of industry or public accounting experience (experience with a publicly-traded company is a plus)
- Compile and analyze data to prepare journal entries for various accounts and transactions.
- Maintain and reconcile various subledgers.
- Analyze various invoices and contracts to determine appropriateness
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and other balance sheet reconciliations and independently identify/resolve reconciling items in support of ending asset and liability balances
- Prepare various month end schedules including details of variance analysis
- Apply the financial policies and procedures of the company and communicate to management any inconsistencies or issues identified during the daily or month-end close processes.
- Use professional judgment in compiling, adjusting, and evaluating the accuracy of accruals for assigned general ledger accounts
- Independently communicate with other company personnel and contacts outside of the company to gather needed information and/or resolve issues.
- Assists with requests related to internal and external audits and work with auditors to resolve audit questions.
- Generate and send daily reports to various departments as needed.
- Work on various SOX tasks and projects.
- Reviews existing processes, identifies opportunities for improvement and helps to implement approved changes
- Other duties and special projects as assigned