Cordia is partnered with a well-established non-profit who is seeking a Senior Accountant
to join their team on a contract-to-hire basis.
Hybrid - Silver Spring, MD
$42.00 - $43.00 -- converts at $85,000+
MS Dynamics Great Plains preferred
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reconcile accounts on the Balance Sheet (Statement of Position), analyze accounts and make necessary adjustments for Director of Finance’s review and approval, including recording all necessary prepaids and accruals. Income Statement (Statement of Activities) accounts will also be reconciled and reviewed as necessary.
- Analyze and reconcile all general ledger accounts with subsidiary accounting modules on Excel schedules as applicable.
- Prepare monthly journal entries, including but not limited to the recording of payroll transfers, payroll taxes and related accounts, inter-company transactions, interest income and expense, bank charges, prepaid insurance, and depreciation.
- Transfer payroll data into accounting system on a monthly basis based on payroll reports. Verify transfers to bank statement.
- Reconcile, allocate and distribute overhead and various expenses.
- Reconcile all bank accounts monthly, and prepare adjustments as necessary, including the write-off of bad or stale checks. Accounts include operating, payroll, and petty cash.
- Communicate with bank representatives as requested by the Director of Finance to resolve discrepancies to include abating reconciliation challenges.
- Under supervision of the Director of Finance, coordinate with auditors during audit engagement, including reports, investigations and research. Prepare audit work papers as assigned.
- Provide accounts analysis and financial information, including the timing and amounts of periodic transactions to test amounts.
- Back up to the Accounts Payable, review weekly payable batches and Payroll functions. Check the bi-weekly payroll and submit before the due date.
- Assist Director of Finance with the preparation of the monthly financial statements and annual budget preparation.
- Oversee the review and reports for clients’ accounts under the supervision of the Director of Finance.
- Assist the Program Managers with financial matters which includes visiting the sites to work on client accounts and other financial matters.
- Supervise one Staff Accountant and Finance Coordinator
- Participate in special projects as requested by the Director of Finance, coordinating with applicable Finance Team members or other staff as necessary.