Our client is growing Government Contractor winning contracts at a great rate.
They are seeking a direct hire, Senior Accountant
for their Bethesda, MD headquarters. The role will report to and support the Controller and will be heavily involved in general ledger, billing/AR, cost accounting, analysis, and working closely with the Controller. Our client offers strong personal growth opportunity and a highly team-oriented work environment. Compensation will be $75K-95K
depending on experience. Great client we have had success with before!!
- Responsible for supporting Program Managers in the preparation and analysis of project financial and scheduling data and other complex contract (CPFF, FFP, FFPLOE, T&M, etc.), project or business related task.
- Prepares project cost/schedule baselines, weekly preparation of management financial reports, preparation of monthly program review.
- Generates and submits invoices and tracks status with high level of accuracy.
- Interfaces with all functional levels of the program team to develop status schedule requirements.
- Works to establish and control program budgets.
- Participates in managing cost and schedule performance through analysis of performance metrics and projections.
- Reports cost and schedule performance to senior management.
- Works on the analysis of budgeting and costs on the contract and associated reports and spending plans.
- Works to ensure compliance with internal procedures and government procurement regulations.
- Provides weekly and monthly transactional and pricing support to programs.
- Performs complex financial/administrative reporting for major contracts and/or programs.
- Monitors progress of program requirements.
- Maintains contract budgets, prepares contract billing, estimates materials, equipment, production costs and delivery schedules.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- 3+ years of related experience
- Experience working with project financial and scheduling data and complex contracts (CPFF, FFP, FFPLOE, T&M, etc.)
- Previous government contracting experience
- Experience with Microsoft products (specifically Excel)
- Demonstrated experience working with big data sets and possess intermediate to advanced Excel skills (VLOOKUP, pivot tables, SUMIF).
- Responsible for providing guidance, coaching and training to other employees within job area.
- Lead projects at this level, requiring responsibility for the delegation of work and the review of others’ work product.
- Experience with Deltek Cost Point
- Nice to Have: Cognos