Hot Career Opportunity: Project Control Accountant
Are you an accomplished financial professional with a penchant for precision and an unwavering commitment to financial control? Are you seeking a career that seamlessly integrates on-site collaboration with remote flexibility? Look no further – we have a compelling opportunity for you!
Title: Project Control Accountant
Location: Hybrid - Arlington, VA
Hourly Rate: $40.00 - $50.00/hour
Job Type: Contract (3-5 Months)
US Citizenship required
- Develop and maintain project budgets, ensuring they are accurate and aligned with project objectives.
- Calculate and forecast project costs, taking into account labor, materials, equipment, and other expenses.
- Monitor and track project expenses, comparing them to the budget to identify and address cost overruns or deviations.
- Prepare financial reports, cost analysis, and variance reports to keep project stakeholders informed about the financial health of the project.
- Utilize historical data and current project progress to forecast future financial performance.
- Assist in the allocation of resources, including manpower and equipment, based on project requirements and budget constraints.
- Identify potential financial risks and provide recommendations for risk mitigation strategies.
- Review and approve invoices from vendors and contractors to ensure they align with the project's budget and contractual agreements.
- Ensure compliance with accounting standards, company policies, and relevant regulations in all financial aspects of the project.
- Maintain accurate and organized financial records related to the project.
- Collaborate with project managers, stakeholders, and other team members to communicate financial information, address concerns, and provide financial insights to support decision-making.
- A bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field is typically required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are essential for monitoring and interpreting project financial data.
- A deep understanding of financial principles, cost accounting, and budget management is crucial.
- Proficiency in Costpoint is required.
- Effective communication is vital for conveying complex financial information to non-financial stakeholders and collaborating with team members.
- Detail-oriented to ensure accuracy in financial records and compliance with regulations.
- The ability to adapt to changing project requirements and priorities.
- Strong organizational skills help in maintaining orderly financial records and meeting deadlines.
- Maintaining the highest ethical standards is essential.