Cordia is partnered with a well-established public institution who is seeking an Accounting Coordinator
to join their team on a 6-month contract basis with the potential for contract-to-hire. Details below!
$20.00 - $27.00/hour
Contract / Contract to Hire
This position is part of the General Accounting section, which is responsible for maintaining accurate and sound financial records on behalf of the university and performs the duties of reconciling university financial records to external parties. This position is part of the financial reporting staff, which is responsible for providing financial reporting and analysis on behalf of the university to both internal and external entities.
As a member of the staff, this position is responsible for:
- Review auxiliary disbursements and revenue, in addition to the balance sheet accounts and provide appropriate analysis to assist departments with budgeting and procurement processes.
- Generate general ledger reports (such as trail register and ledger activities) monthly, as well as on an ad hoc basis for use in management reporting and decision making.
- Perform financial research and provide transactional, in addition to summary-level data in various formats using a variety of methods (as standalone and in combination) including commitment control reporting, query/pivot grids, general ledger reports/inquiries, spreadsheets and database applications.
- Assist with sub-module and account reconciliation monthly.
- Assist in preparation of the annual financial statements, as well as other financial reporting requirements
- Create strategies to maximize resources and achieve strategic priorities.
- Work closely with the Assistant Vice President for Finance and Administration to support fiscal stewardship across departments.
- Work collaboratively to establish an entrepreneurial mindset within all auxiliaries, colleges, and units.
- Set up expansion options and item types in PeopleSoft.
- Performs other duties required.