Fantastic growing Government Contracting firm in Northern Virginia (MUST BE DC METRO BASED candidate) seeking a Director of Supply Chain due to growth! This is a direct hire position, with a very flexible work from home/in office policy, and reports into the President. As the Director of Supply Chain, you will be responsible for leading the day-to-day supply chain execution for this company supporting both the Space Electronic Systems and C4ISR business units. Company has a great Senior Leadership team, exciting projects current and on near horizon, strong benefits and flexibility, and allows high visibility to the C-Suite. This is a $200K+ base position + 10-20% targeted bonus. If this sounds like the job for you, apply today!
Our client seeks a Supply Chain Director that will lead the day-to-day supply chain execution for company supporting both the Space Electronic Systems and C4ISR business units. This position reports directly to the President and is in Northern, VA. Very flexible to work from home and some in office. Reporting directly to the President of the company. the Director of Supply Chain will mature/evolve the Supply Chain function within, and then grown and lead a diverse team of experienced Material Program Managers, Buyers, and Subcontract Program Managers responsible for major subcontractors as well as complex Bills of Material (BOMs) across various Integrated Product Teams (IPT) and Programs. The selected candidate will support the profit and loss leaders (Business Area Managers and Presidents/General Manager) and be accountable for supply chain execution excellence in all phases/facets of the program lifecycle (capture/proposal, strategy, material finance/CAM management, and execution). This Director's responsibilities will include collaborating with senior level and executive leadership to understand business requirements and identify and manage the needs for subcontracts and material across the business. The selected candidate will be a high performing, experienced supply chain leader who is goal-oriented and well equipped to partner with a wide range of internal stakeholders to meet business objectives, including program performance and business growth. To do this, they will leverage a solid understanding of the Global Supply Chain and be knowledgeable in the engineering, contracts, manufacturing, information technology, and mission excellence areas and how they impact delivery of supply chain materials and services. The selected candidate will have a proven ability to engage with suppliers to resolve schedule and quality issues, contracts, negotiate pricing, as well as knowledge in compliance areas.
- Working with internal stakeholders, establish a dedicated Supply Chain functional group to support business requirements.
- Responsible and accountable for the strategy, planning, and execution of all material, inventory, and services content for the business.
- Acts as the main focal point for the business for the entire supply chain and coordinates cross-functionally to ensure that all inventory and supply chain commitments are met, and that appropriate mitigation plans are developed and executed to address any programmatic risks related to suppliers.
- Briefs business area and executive leadership on the status and issues affecting Program cost and schedule performance which are related to Supply Chain.
- Implements process and strategies associated with the use of Inventory to meet the needs of the Business and Programs.
- Implements strategies and actions to ensure timely procurement and delivery of materials and subcontract services in support of program needs.
- Ensures that prior to program execution, all elements of the proposed program(s) plans have completed and accurate schedules, budgets, make/buy plans, and procurement and subcontracts strategies.
- Demonstrated success in leading and developing cross functional teams and in interfacing with customers and major subcontractors in an IPT structure.
- Accountable for resource planning, material cost, forecasting, schedule performance, risk/opportunity management, supplier performance, and supply chain issue resolution.
- Supports achievement of financial commitments through program cost account management (CAM), material finance, and supplier management.
- Drives continuous improvements in supply chain/subcontracts related processes via collaboration with other functions, programs, and the extended supply chain.
- Ensures compliance with the wide range of regulatory and other requirements and achieve supplier diversity requirements.
Years of Experience:
- Direct experience working and collaborating across multiple Functions, IPTs and Projects
- Strong leadership, communication, strategic thinking, change management, and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated experience developing, growing teams, and shaping a performing culture.
- Experience with a broad range of supply chain areas including risk management, terms and conditions, negotiations, contract types (fixed price and cost type), and post award management.
- Significant experience in managing a broad range of suppliers and subcontractors including providers of complex components/assemblies/systems, services, and commodities.
- Strong executive communications skills with the ability to lead, influence, and collaborate with a diverse set of leadership stakeholders.
- Experience with specific regulations and compliance practices governing defense contractor supply chain activities (e.g., FAR, DFARS, ITAR, other)
- Proficiency using MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Rigorous knowledge of metrics, performance tracking, and data integrity
- Thorough knowledge of common supply chain tools
- Ability to obtain a DoD TS/SCI Clearance preferred but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, Business, Engineering and/or technical discipline or equivalent and a minimum of 9 years of experience in defense or aerospace systems and/or management in development or production projects
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience leading and/or managing teams
- Must be able to work on-site in Northen Virgina when needed.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills.
- Experience performing and working in a dynamic and high-visibility role.
- Self-motivated and capable of performing tasks with minimal guidance.
- Track record of leading teams to firm up ambiguous requirements and stand-up processes/structure to execute new product offerings.
- Experience with space EO payloads, test plan development, astronomy, physics, electronics, software, and/or remote sensing.
- Ability to lead teams to the completion of program and project milestones.
- Excellent organizational and managerial skills.
- Demonstrated ability through work experience to partner across departments to achieve results.
- Thorough understanding of policies and practices used in the I&P division.
- Accomplished in setting long-term goals, communicating them to the team, and obtaining buy in from employees.
- Skillful in organizing multiple efforts to accomplish goals.
- Ability to support travel or off-site work as needed.
- Integrity—The inherent complex of attributes that determine a person or organization’s moral and ethical actions and reactions.
- Passion/Energy/Innovation—An internal ambition or drive that is displayed through innovative ideas and dedication. Using original and creative thinking to make improvements and/or develop and initiate new approaches.
- Candor/Respect— Is open and honest with the exchange of ideas and opinions. Respects the contribution of others. Communicates with respect.
- Quality/Performance—Quality of work product including; completeness, accuracy, timeliness, and correctness.
- Innovation/Results Oriented—Understanding of customer needs. Customers are those groups or individuals, internal or external whom you support on a daily basis. Knowing what results are important, focusing resources to achieve them in alignment with the goals of the organization.
- Teamwork/Communications—Developing, maintaining, and fostering positive relationships and partnerships with all employees and clearly conveying and receiving messages to meet the needs of all. This may involve listening, interpreting, formulating and delivering verbal, non-verbal, written, and/or electronic messages. Co-operatively and productively with others to achieve results.
Management Competencies: (If Applicable)
- Problem Solving/Judgment—Ability to assess options and implications, in order to identify a solution.
- Business Situational Awareness—The structure and culture of organization and the personal willingness and ability to effectively adapt to and embrace change.
- Self-Awareness/ Adaptability—Reflecting on past experiences in order to manage and continually improve our own performance.
- Science/Engineer/Business Fundamentals—Knowledge of the fundamentals of scientific, engineering, and/or business principals.
- Application—Ability to apply relevant knowledge and experience on the job.
- Employee Training & Development—Consistently makes an effort to develop and train direct report employees. Works with employees to define their career path.
- Leadership—Positively influencing people and events in a leadership role. Ability to lead a group of people in a positive manner towards success. Delegates authority appropriately. Makes timely informed decisions. Acts in the best interest of the company. Sets exceptional example for others.
- Contracts Management —Successfully manages SOW, contract deliverables, and other key technical and business clauses for pending contracts. Ensure contract compliance. Recommend changes to contracts as required.
- Service & Product Line Management—Coordinates supporting deliverables and measurable milestones for each related project. Identifies IR&D and capital investments as required.
- Fiscal Responsibility—Manages profits, losses, and budget in support of organizational objectives.
- Strategic Thinking—Takes a broad scale, long term view, assessing options and implications.
- Customer Relationships—Understands customer organizations; maintains tactical relationships with and promotes capabilities to customer organizations. Maintain relationships with key customers as their careers take them to different organizations.
- Marketing/Sales/Proposals—Identify/develop follow-on work. Maintain strong business situation awareness for each assigned business area.
- Project Planning & Execution—Manages & executes projects. Monitors the technical quality of work conducted and deliverables produced.
- Organization/Staffing/ Resource Management—Forecast staffing needs for all projects prior to award.
- Risk/Issue/Opportunity/ Quality Management—Monitors project execution with regard to risk, issues and opportunities that may arise. Refers significant decisions on change to corporate where appropriate. Monitor implementation of quality assurance measures.
- Corporate Compliance/Policy & Process—Monitor adherence to company policy and process guidelines.
- Communication: Frequent communication with other employees. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Repetitive Motion: Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery.
- Average Visual Abilities: Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products, or operate machinery.
- Physical Strength: Sedentary work; must be able to remain in a stationary position most of the time. Exerts up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally. (Almost all office jobs.)
- Typically a quiet office environment or remote telework.