Cordia Resources by Cherry Bekaert is partnered with one of the largest national education associations in the nation who is seeking an Interim CFO to join their team on a contract basis. Details below!
Title: Interim CFO
Location: Remote/Hybrid - Arlington, VA
Hourly Rate: Market
Job Type: Contract
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Manage the financial, human resource, and operations functions of the Association. Ensure the accuracy of the financial information and reporting and produce timely financial statements. Serve as a financial resource to the Board of Directors. Develop and oversee the budgeting process for the association. Directly supervise finance & operations staff. Review and monitor terms and conditions for all contracts/MOUs/agreements. Monitor cash receipts and disbursements. Manage staff and provide them with the tools and support necessary to perform their jobs.
1. Actively manages the day-to-day accounting and financial operations
2. Prepares, analyzes, and presents monthly financial reports including variance reporting
3. Prepares or directs preparation of reports that summarize and forecast association business activity and financial position
4. Manage documented accounting control systems and internal audits
5. Oversee the operating banking activities and actively manage and project cash flow
6. Prepares the fiscal year budget using the budgets prepared by other departments
7. Manage the negotiation and execution of contracts/MOUs/agreements with funding sources, vendors, and collaborative service providers.
8. Manage all association insurances
9. Review efficiency/effectiveness of employee benefit programs, seeking approaches to lower costs where possible and consistent with required quality levels
10. Provides both internal financial support for staff and external support for customers
11. Oversees semimonthly payroll and payroll tax processing
12. Monitors capital asset purchasing, recording and depreciation schedules
13. Advises management on adjustments needed to accommodate tax code or GAAP accounting revisions
14. Serve as the primary liaison with the independent auditing firm to ensure the annual audit is completed smoothly, accurately and in a timely manner
15. Monitors internal controls for compliance
16. Manages the membership processing and cash receipts through the iMIS database
17. Manages the human resources activities including oversight of all staff benefits
18. Supervise staff, develop job descriptions, and provide performance evaluations and improvement plans
19. Oversee facilities, tenant relations, legal, and information technology functions
20. Monitors investments, initiates investment transfers, and meets quarterly with investment advisor
21. Serves as staff liaison to the Audit Committee
22. Actively participates in oversight and strategic direction of the Association as a member of the Executive team and Senior Staff team
23. Ability to travel to Annual Convention and other events and work irregular hours as required.
24. Responds to member, nonmember, and staff inquiries in a timely and courteous manner.
25. Responsible for providing quality customer service in accordance with the Customer Service Standards
26. Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Minimum of four-year college degree in accounting or equivalent experience. CPA required.
2. Ten or more years as a managerial level accountant with association non-profit experience
3. Current knowledge of and ability to apply generally accepted accounting principles, financial reporting procedures and standards
4. Knowledge of human resource-related laws, regulations, and practices
5. Proficient with office software, particularly Microsoft Office Suite and accounting software packages; Proficient in using Excel
6. Experience using automated accounting and database software. Working knowledge of Sage Intacct and/or iMIS database software a plus
7. Ability to produce financial reporting easily understood by non-financial individuals
8. Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret financial journals, reports and related legal documents or instructions
9. Manage priorities effectively to meet deadlines and demonstrate multi-tasking skills
10. Must be highly ethical with a high level of integrity; self-motivated; dependable and reliable; detailed oriented
11. Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
12. Analyze and solve problems effectively and efficiently
13. Ability to work well with, and be responsive to the needs of, internal and external customers, including the Board of Directors
14. Ability to respond to inquiries from regulatory agencies and managers
15. Excellent organizational and communications skills both verbally and in writing.