Cordia Resources by Cherry Bekaert is partnered with a prominent cannabis branding firm who is seeking a Senior Accountant to join their team on a 2-3 month contract basis. Details below!
Title: Senior Accountant
Location: Hybrid - Whitehaven, PA
Hourly Rate: $45.00/hour
Job Type: Contract (2-3 months)
The Accountant is responsible for ensuring financial transactions are accurately recorded and conform with GAAP and regulatory standards, as well as cost accounting and inventory management. Candidate will also be responsible for setting up Bill of Materials in QuickBooks Desktop. This will also have responsibilities for variance analysis, inventory cycle counting, report running, and interdepartmental communication.
• Prepare journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations and assist with monthly close processes, ensuring revenue and expenditures are properly identified, recorded, or accrued.
• Analyze/reconcile ledger accounts, including research, documentation, and preparation of adjusting entries.
• Manage accounts payables, posting invoices to the system for payment, and resolving vendor inquiries.
• Manage Bill of Materials set up in QuickBooks for all items produced and complete variance analysis for changes during the year.
• Proactively manage receivables by initiating discussions with the sales team and customers
• to ensure timely payment is received. Research discrepancies and over/short payments.
• Prepare daily cash reports identifying reserved and available funds.
• Prepare periodic payroll, sales, and state tax filings.
• Other projects/tasks, as requested by direct manager.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
• 3+ years of experience, preferably in manufacturing or distribution-related fields
• Experience working in startup environments, including demonstrated ability to work in the absence of large company resources, processes, and structure
• Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
• Software skills to include Excel (macros, pivot tables, etc.) and Quickbooks Desktop preferred
• Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
• Strong work ethic and self-starter
• Strong time management and organization skills
• Strong attention to detail