Our client is a large, internationally run law firm in the DC Metro area looking to add an AP Specialist to their team. This position will report to an awesome AP Manager and focus on the full cycle AP process, including processing invoices, check runs, reconciliations and assisting on the audit. This role will be in office three days a week in their DC office. Salary for this role will be around $65k depending on experience.
- Reviews employee expense reports from multiple offices for accuracy while ensuring timely reimbursement and follow-up when necessary.
- Organizes invoices and prepares vouchers in the accounting A/P system in preparation for payment.
- Performs ad hoc A/P research and analysis as requested.
- Responds to internal and external inquiries.
- Prepares rush check batches for payment and process ACH payments.
- Distributes checks to check signers and ensures distribution within the deadline.
- Reconciles vendor statements and follows up with vendors.
- Assists with year-end audit requests.
- Processes upload files and resolves errors.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, with attorneys, staff, and vendors.
- Ability to provide quality customer service to both internal and external contacts regarding financial matters of a routine nature.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work of a detailed nature in a dynamic and complex environment to meet deadlines and daily requirements.
- Demonstrated basic knowledge of MS suite of products such as Word and Excel.
- Intermediate skill in operating standard office equipment such as calculators and desktop computers.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic math concepts and the ability to perform simple math functions quickly and accurately.
- Familiarity with an automated financial management system such as Elite Enterprise.
- Accounts Payable experience, particularly with a law firm or other professional services organization using a complex accounting system such as ChromeRiver and 3E, is preferred.