Cordia Resources is currently seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Property Accountant
. As a Senior Property Accountant, you will be responsible for overseeing the financial aspects of our property portfolio, ensuring accuracy, compliance, and efficiency in all accounting processes.
- Financial Reporting: Prepare and analyze monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements for assigned properties, ensuring accuracy and compliance with accounting standards.
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Collaborate with property managers to develop property budgets and forecasts. Monitor financial performance against budgets and provide variance analysis reports.
- Accounts Receivable/Payable: Manage accounts receivable and accounts payable processes for assigned properties, including rent invoicing, collections, vendor payments, and reconciliation.
- General Ledger Maintenance: Maintain and reconcile general ledger accounts, ensuring accuracy and completeness of financial data.
- Tax and Audit Support: Assist in the preparation of schedules and documentation for tax filings and audits. Work with external auditors and tax consultants as needed.
- Lease Administration: Review lease agreements and ensure accurate setup of lease terms in the accounting system. Calculate and process tenant rent escalations and other lease-related charges.
- Compliance: Stay up-to-date with accounting regulations and standards. Ensure compliance with GAAP and other relevant accounting guidelines.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Minimum of 7 of experience in property accounting or real estate finance.
- Proficiency in real estate accounting software (Yardi, MRI, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and lease accounting standards.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy in work.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.