Cordia Resources by Cherry Bekaert is partnered with a $100M government contractor who is seeking an Accounts Payable (AP) Specialist with Costpoint
experience to join their team on a contract to hire basis. Details below!
$25.00 - $30.00/hour
Contract to Hire
As an Accounts Payable (AP) Specialist you will be responsible for many aspects of the accounts payable cycle
ranging from invoice entry, vendor maintenance, recording bank transactions, and supporting vendor inquiries. We are looking for a self-starter who has excellent attention to detail and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
Accounts Payable Specialist Responsibilities:
Accounts Payable Specialist Requirements:
- Manage the AP mailbox.
- Perform invoice data entry into the AP system.
- Set up new vendors and manage vendor changes.
- Responsible for weekly selection and payment of invoices for both foreign and domestic entities.
- Ensure all internal/external vendor and invoice inquiries are handled timely.
- Assist the accounting team in completing the month-end close.
- Act as a liaison between vendors and internal departments to facilitate timely payments and ensure an accurate AP aging.
- 1 -6 years of accounts payable (AP) experience
- Prior experience using Deltek Costpoint is required
- A basic understanding of accounting and general ledger coding.
- Knowledge of payment processes, including wires, ACH, direct debit, and check payments preferred.
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written