Cordia Resources by Cherry Bekaert is partnered with a one of the largest environmental conservation non-profits who is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) professional to join their organization on a temporary basis.
Hourly Rate: Market
Job Type: Contract (4-6 months)
The FP&A Temporary Hire will be responsible for helping to develop and implement financial protocols, restructuring the budget model, forecasting, conducting financial analysis, reporting and communication, performance metrics tracking, collaboration with other departments, and process improvements. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in non-profit financial management, government contracting and pricing/costing, and advanced Excel skills. They should also possess excellent communication skills to effectively translate financial information for non-finance staff.
- Develop organization and department budgets in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Implement protocols and methodology for key assumptions in the budgeting process
- Restructure the budget model to improve accuracy and efficiency
- Develop and complete the quarterly forecasting process
- Create scenario planning and modeling as needed for strategic decision-making
- Analyze revenue trends and identify areas for improvement
- Analyze cost drivers and provide insights into the organization's financial performance
- Conduct variance analysis and provide recommendations to improve financial performance
- Develop program level margin analysis to assess the financial viability of different initiatives
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
- Minimum of five years of experience in non-profit financial management
- Strong knowledge of government contracting and pricing/costing
- Familiarity with Intacct, ADP and Salesforce software preferred
- Proficient in data and financial analysis
- Advanced Excel skills with expertise in formulas and data manipulation
The FP&A Temporary Hire will report directly to the Chief Operations Officer and will work alongside the Director of Finance, providing support and creating redundancy in the FP&A function.
Duration and Compensation:
This is a temporary position for a period of three months (starting immediately) with possibility of extension of hiring. The hourly rate for the FP&A Temporary Hire will be commensurate with the candidate's experience, qualifications, and market rates for similar roles.