Cordia Resources by Cherry Bekaert is partnered with a well-established non-profit who is seeking an Interim Senior Director of Finance
to join their team on a contract basis. Details below!
Interim Director of Finance
Hybrid - Arlington, VA
Sage Intacct (highly preferred), iMIS (membership software), Excel
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides leadership through acting as a strategic business partner to the senior leadership team.
- Leads Finance and Accounting department.
- Assesses and evaluates financial performance of the organization on long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts.
- Provides insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term growth plans of the organization.
- Creates and establishes yearly financial objectives that align with the organization's plan for growth and expansion.
- Communicates, engages, and interacts with EVP, CEO, the senior leadership team, and attends board of director meetings.
- Promotes a culture of quality and exceptional customer service as internal service providers to the organization. Mentors and develops the team.
- Implements policies, procedures and processes. Promotes and models compliance.
- Develop and implement financial strategies, policies, and procedures to optimize the organization's financial performance.
- Oversee the budgeting process, ensuring accurate and timely financial forecasting, and monitoring financial performance against targets.
- Provide financial analysis and recommendations to aid in decision-making processes, including investment opportunities, cost-benefit analysis, and financial risks.
- Lead the financial planning and reporting processes, including the preparation of financial statements, profitability analysis, and financial performance reports for senior management and the board of directors.
- Leads the development of the budget
- Provides and presents monthly financial reports including monthly net revenue by program, forecast vs. budget by program, and cash flow.
- Reviews and analyzes monthly financial results and provides recommendations.
- Identifies, develops and executes analysis of business initiatives, program and product launches, and/or new service offerings.
- Develops and maintains monthly operating budget and annual operating budget.
- Develops and maintains three-year outlook and budget projections/forecasting.
- Provides oversight for creation of reports, software implementation and tools for budgeting and forecasting.
- Oversees service finance areas and relationships to ensure quality services and efficiencies through standard operating procedures.
- Manages cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability.
- Oversees cash, investments and asset management in accordance with board approved Investment Policy.
- Explores new investment opportunities and provide recommendations on potential returns and risks.
- Maintains excellent banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners.
- Utilizes forward-looking models and activity-based analyses to provide financial insight into the organization's plans and operating budgets.
- Engages and provides management support to the Finance Committee and the Audit Committee including quarterly meetings to present financial statements and discuss financial activity, position, and cash flow as well as investment performance and outlook.
- Leads audit firm selection process. Oversees external auditors, manages preparation process, and provides support to accounting staff and Audit Committee.
- Develops, implements and enforces policies and procedures.
- Oversees the accounting department to ensure proper functioning of all systems, policies, procedures, and organizational readiness.
- Oversees the timely and accurate preparation and communication of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Oversees month-end close process including review of general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts, personnel time allocation, and overhead cost allocation. Promotes constant review of procedures and quality improvement to eliminate inefficiencies.
- Ensures timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting of data for grants and other external funding.
- Reviews and ensures application of appropriate internal controls and compliance with policy and procedures.
- Oversees and audits the timely and accurate preparation and delivery of bi-weekly payroll.
- Oversees the preparation and timely filing of all local, state and federal tax returns.
- Hires, develops, and manages accounting staff and resources.
- Develops and exercises organization disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
- Actively monitor and measure operational progress and goal achievement
- Other non-essential duties as assigned