Our client is a growing $20M Professional Services firm, in Washington DC (100% remote during Covid and then remote capability).They are seeking a Controller to mange 3-4 staff and improve upon existing accounting procedures using Deltek Vision software, with compensation in the $125K-$150K range. This role will report to the CFO and has the ability to be on CFO path in the future.
The Controller will plan and direct the accounting operations of the company.
- Oversees the operations of the Accounting Department, which include accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, and payroll.
- Oversees training programs and identifies training needs.
- Manage staff of 4 employees.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in Deltek Vision accounting software or similar.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration required.
- Ten years or more of related experience required.
- Certified Public Accountant designation preferred but not necessary.